Last Night


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
September 21st 2008
Published: September 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Last nightLast nightLast night

Yup, we love the hotel's atrium. This is the best place to either read a book, have lunch, people watch or simply relax with a tea pot.
Missing this place already. I wonder which was better, exploring Ireland or laughing with best friend? Somehow both meshed into a wonderful journey as we explored Ireland. Today is the equinox and it is a fitting time to come full circle. We had supper at the Thai restaurant that we tried to find on the first day that we arrived. We were early and got a table, but within half an hour the place was filled. The city is overflowing with dismal Kerry fans. As per our habit, we ended up in the atrium, happy for the peace and comfort. Now is the time to go through receipts and maps and try to chronical our trip. We promise that we'll do a better job next week, writing more about our adventures. Meanwhile, may I say that this has been a wonderful holiday.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Circled IrelandCircled Ireland
Circled Ireland

Here is the map of our travels. Can you see the pink highlighted route? From Dublin we went north to Ballycastle, then southwest to Galway, then south to Killarney, then back up to Dublin.
BestBest
Best

When thinking about the past ten days, it is difficult to choose what was the best. I think the laughter, with new friends, and the glorius landscape that flowed past the car windows was the best.
landscapelandscape
landscape

See, how lovely it was.
CloudsClouds
Clouds

Moody weather enhanced the scenery
Sea and landSea and land
Sea and land

As we turned the bend, there was yet another breathtaking scene.
VillageVillage
Village

Every village that came up along the route was a nice surprise.
PaperworkPaperwork
Paperwork

Meanwhile Heather has been stuck in the atrium trying to figure out her paperwork.
Statue at nightStatue at night
Statue at night

I went out for the last examination of culture in Dublin. There were too many sad Kerry fans.
Art for the massesArt for the masses
Art for the masses

When we were at the art gallery we were told about this light exhibit on street corners, to inject culture on the unsuspecting.
Light artLight art
Light art

This moving light show was impressive. The fluidity of walking was shown in these small billboards.
Goodbye IrelandGoodbye Ireland
Goodbye Ireland

We had a wonderful time here. Best road trip ever!!


23rd September 2008

we need to go back!!!
I am surrounded by sunshine and warmth and all I can think of is how much I loved Ireland even thru the mist and the rain....I miss the music, the people, new wonderful friends, the scents in the air, I miss hanging out in the atrium at the westin dublin and enjoying the conversations with the wonderful staff there....Peter the doorman, Darragh the concierge, Avana and Roman and Katrina the bartenders, and our dear maid. I miss the mists of Northern Ireland and the magic carried in the air, the beauty of the coastline cottages....the castles, and their hauntingly beautiful ruins. I miss Ireland and everything Irish already... Teresa, that was the most beautiful magical, funfilled laughterfilled, wonderful trip ! Thank you for navigating our way around Ireland...tell me when you are ready to go back.....Love h
24th September 2008

animated light art
I guess Bono has a grand influence on Ireland to say the least. The lit walking characters were featured in their last tour of concerts. Specifically from their latest album, the song called "sometimes you can't make it on your own" was a song written by Bono for his Dad, who recently passed away before the tour. anyway, the lights dimmed and bono sang the song, the whole while the animated walking lit artwork was walking in the background, it was so cool. Glad to see that Dubliners picked up on it and are displaying Bono's set ideas,lol.....yep, just full of all kinds of useless U2 trivia. Where are you now?
26th September 2008

Lincolnshire
Hi, Tammy. I'm resting in Sutton Bridge. Didn't know that about Bono's tour and the light art. Interesting. So much literature and art alive in daily life.

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb