Snapshots of Dublin


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
May 20th 2008
Published: May 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi All!! Some photos of my two weeks spent in Dublin several weeks ago.........


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

The Guinness BreweryThe Guinness Brewery
The Guinness Brewery

we spent one afternoon touring the old guinness brewery where over two centuries ago Arthur Guinness began his brewing company, and where today you can visit the Guinness museum, taste the Guinness, and still smell the hops of the brewery in the air.
inside the breweryinside the brewery
inside the brewery

The museum is a uniquely designed building inside one of the original brew houses. It is made of steel and glass, is 7 (or 8?) stories and was built with the contours of a Guinness pint glass (for real!).
Pouring a GuinnessPouring a Guinness
Pouring a Guinness

there is a special process for pouring a Guinness pint. You must first pour until the glass is 3/4 full, then wait for a few minutes to let the foam settle and rise to the top. Then you top it off with the final quarter, and draw a shamrock with foam on the top. It is so fun to watch a good Guinness pour!
Guinness!Guinness!
Guinness!

It's Alive! This is the Guinness slogan, and it is so true...both in the look of the beer and the taste. Drinking a Guinness is like eating a full meal.
The LiffeyThe Liffey
The Liffey

the tidal channel that splits the city of Dublin in two, between North Dublin and South Dublin.
some famous ladysome famous lady
some famous lady

i forget who this is. but she is the woman with whom everybody gets their picture taken in Dublin!
:):)
:)

For the first five days of our stay, Viktorija and I stayed on the pullout couch at her sister's place. We then rented our own flat (found on Craigslist) for the final week and a half.
Burning minivanBurning minivan
Burning minivan

the flat where we stayed for a week and a half was very nice, but in an area of the city that was mostly public housing. This was one of the crimes we witnessed: a young boy lit this car on fire with a lit newspaper. We witnessed the whole thing but did not fully understand what was happening until the boy had run away. I also witnessed a guy stealing a laptop bag from a car, and a motorcycle put to flames while staying at this flat.
the Zoo!the Zoo!
the Zoo!

we had two trips to the zoo in the two weeks that i was in dublin.....
Viktorija with the rhinoViktorija with the rhino
Viktorija with the rhino

viktorija made a friend when she fed the rhino right out of her hand....
Pheonix ParkPheonix Park
Pheonix Park

entrance


Tot: 0.233s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 61; dbt: 0.1081s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb