Dub-ling


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
August 13th 2008
Published: December 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 53.3441, -6.26749

Dublin Highlights -read pubs- (4 nights)
Hogan's (via dinner with 4 Galway friends in Jaipur which is still yum), Brogan's (saw some of the same people as 20 yrs ago plus saw actor Michael Gambon with some Irish theatre lovey type - had just seen The cook, the thief... recently so that coloured it bit for me), old fave the pool hall (via Pizza Stop with mate JM, also still yum), the Lord Ed & the Back lounge (via Chameleon restaurant where 12 of our Dublin friends very graciously wouldn't let us pay) and naturally went to Dublin's best kept secret our old local The Royal Oak (via Le Dolce Vita Irish-Italian with JMcT, and also still good). Also had lunch with old work mates BME & BB who again very decently wouldn't let me pay in The Harbourmaster in the city and then we had an afternoon in the Mater hospital café with a sick friend MK who is happily on the mend. Also we each had a lovely massage (really a gift for Cs 40th but I also had one) in The Mandala Spa in La Stampa hotel courtesy of our uber generous hosts & bessie mates A&S. Of course we went to our old gaff and saw our mates there (TnAnJJ) and our new roof and needless to say we did Dublin's eclectic shops too for some summer threads although C did have to retreat to Peters Pub while I was humming and hawing. And there's many new eateries on Camden St. where we had lovely brunch with A&S one of the days.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0277s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb