Back to Dublin


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
June 24th 2008
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 53.3441, -6.26749

We left Rosmuck on Saturday and drove to Dublin in the rain. We were going to stop at a couple of sites, but decided that we needed to get to Dublin so we could get our Apt. and return the car. Good thing we didn't stop because when we got to our Apt. they moved us to another one a few miles away. Dublin traffic is horrible, but it was even worse because the gay pride parade was that day and they were marching right by our Apt. But good old TOMTOM got me right to the car rental place with minutes to spare before they closed. I had left Stacy and all of our luggage at the place we were supposed to stay. I took a cab back and picked her up. We had to pick up the key at their office and then go to the Apt. The driver couldn't find the office and we spent about an hour driving around looking for the office. Finally he got as close as he could to it and left us in the cab while he went for the key. We sat there for about 30 minutes waiting. We thought that he might have stopped in for a pint! Finally he came back and got us within a block of our Apt. We hoofed it the rest of the way with all of our luggage. When we got up to our Apt. we heard a bunch of women laughing and singing. This is at 5:00PM. They were already drunk. We figured that it was a hen party(bachlorette party). They left and came back about 3:45AM laughing and singing and yelling and didn't quiet down until 4:30AM. The next morning we went to the Kilmainham Gaol(jail) and the Guinness Storehouse. The jail was very interesting. The Guinness Storehouse had alot of advertizing for a rather bad tasting beer. We went out that night to the Temple Bar area and had a wonderful Italian dinner. Then we listened to some street musicians and later we went in to The Temple Bar and listened to some Irish music before heading home. Tuesday morning we got up early and took a cab to the airport for Glasgow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Ashtown Castle at Phoenix ParkAshtown Castle at Phoenix Park
Ashtown Castle at Phoenix Park

We entered the park with the intention of walking to the end. The park is 1750 acres. It has huge! It took us an over an hour to walk to the castle, which is a little over half way through.


Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 38; dbt: 0.032s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb