Ireland in Spring


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin » Ballsbridge
April 23rd 2014
Published: April 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Good Irish tuckerGood Irish tuckerGood Irish tucker

Travel made us hungry
Tues 22 April 2014

Dublin



Hi everyone



Finally arrived in Dublin yesterday after an epic 28 hours of travel. It’s was a killer, but worth it to get here. We arrived at Sydney airport to find our flight had been delayed by 7 hours, which was a concern for our connecting flights and the accommodation we had booked in Dublin for one night. After a little trepidation, Singapore Airlines got us on to a Qantas fight leaving at the same time. So, no A380 and no upper deck. Not to worry. We arrived in Singapore in the middle on the night and wanted to quench our thirst. Cath got a few beers that only cost $34 Australian (WTF) and that is normal price around here. Needless to say Singapore will be off any future holiday destinations.

We arrived in Dublin about 10am Monday 21 April and our 13th wedding anniversary, after a short turnaround in London. We picked up a car at the airport and Cath found our accommodation (The Croke Park Hotel, Dublin) without a map, a very good sense of direction, that girl. Checked in, then walked into Dublin for a few pints of Guinness and lunch. We also setup a few phone numbers, which I have listed below.

I then began to struggle, 48 hours without sleep soon caught up to me. We headed back the hotel and Cath went down to the car to get the duty free. By the time she returned I was dead to the world. I know she partied on alone for a while, but the lack of sleep finally got to her and she crashed early. So much for the anniversary, I’ll do my best to make up for it tonight.

Today we’re heading to Ballsbridge, just outside of Dublin to meet up with Sean, Chantel and the kids. We will be there for about 4 days before heading north.

Keep up all updated

Cath and Chris.

Mobiles:

Cath : 0831837137

Chris: 0834570826

To contact us from Australian you need to add 0011 353 and remove the 0 before the mobile number. So for Cath’s number it would be 0011 353 831837137.

P.S. it’s bloody cold here for spring, about 12 degrees today.

Advertisement



23rd April 2014

Good blog
Glad you arrived in Ireland safe. Last time we went Singapore we were 8 hours delayed and last month 6 hours in Perth so you are not on your own. It's the Schofield curse!! Love to Sean & Chantel & Girls XX
23rd April 2014

Singapore
Forgot to mention booze is expensive in sing la. Tip for your stopover on the way back. Look for happy hour and buy your beer by the jug, they will put the jug on ice in a ice bucket for you.
28th April 2014

Happy anniversary. Hope you have a wonderful trip. Maybe celebrate tomorrow xxx

Tot: 0.341s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0658s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb