What Can You Do In Ireland In 7 Days?


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin » Ballsbridge
September 9th 2019
Published: September 9th 2019
Edit Blog Post

If you are thinking of spending a seven days holiday then you must visit Ireland as it is one of the most beautiful and beloved islands in Europe, if not the world. Ireland may be a small country but its natural beauty, stunning scenery, famous hospitality, and fascinating history will captivate your heart. There are many things to do in Ireland and seven days are enough to explore the whole island. But the first time visitor must have a little guide otherwise the journey may not be as fascinating as it should be. That is why in this article we have come up with an ultimate 7 days Ireland itinerary that will help you to get the best of it.

The best itinerary trip for visiting Ireland in 7 days



The following is the complete itinerary trip that you must take into consideration if you ever visit Ireland:

Day 1: Begin by exploring Dublin



Dublin is the capital of the country with over 500,000 inhabitants. You must begin your first day in Dublin at Dublin Castle which is located at the heart of the city. Do not miss to visit Dublin Garden and Charles Beauty Library which are just adjacent to Dublin Castle. It is also advised to visit Trinity College and Books of Kells. You can spend the night at any restaurant or hotel at Temple Bar area.

Day 2: Explore Ireland’s Ancient East



You must leave Dublin and start your second day towards Ireland’s Ancient East area and must-visit Rock of Cashel. It is one of the most spectacular and most visited places in Ireland. You should also have a look at the ruins of Hore Abbey. After that you must move to Cork which is just a few hours away from Dublin and see the Blarney Stone which is over 200 years old. Then you can rest for the day at any hotel near Cork.

Day 3: Drive towards Ring of Kerry



Your third day at Ireland should start with driving towards the legendary place Ring of Kerry. Here you can see stunning tumultuous seas at the Kerry Cliffs. You can certainly stop at this place for refreshment and enjoy the seascape. This place is the home of a charming Irish seaside town having many iconic lighthouses.

Day 4: Explore Killarney




You can reserve your fourth day for exploring Killarney which has an abundant place for hopping and outdoor fun. Killarney is the gateway to Killarney National Park where you can do many activities such as walking, hiking, kayaking, running, etc. Here you can the most beautiful Killarney House and gardens. You should not forget to visit Ross Castle and Torc waterfall.

Day 5: Journey to Cliffs of Moher and Galway City



You should depart Killarney and move to the beautiful Galway city. After roaming the city you should head to the coat of country Clare for viewing the outstanding Cliffs of Moher which is almost 700 feet high above the churning Atlantic swells. You can have a great view if you climb to O’Brien’s tower and walk along the top of Cliffs. In the evening you drive back to Galway city and take a hotel for spending the night.

Day 6: Visit the stunning Dingle peninsula



On the sixth day, you must move to stunning Dingle peninsula from Galway City. One of the most exciting that you must do Dingle peninsula id driving on Slea Head Drive. You will certainly have unforgettable memorable seascapes while driving on Slea Head. Although the road is one-lane narrow there are plenty of tour buses barreling. Don’t forget to take epic picture at Dunquin Harbor. You can spend the whole day here and you will get a lot of pubs, restaurants, and every type of shop in this place.

Day 7: Last day in Ireland



Today is your last day in Ireland and you need to back to Dublin for taking the international flight for coming back to your home. You can visit a few places on your way back to Dublin such as Molly Malone’s statue, the old Post Office on O’Connell Street. Unfortunately, all great things have an end and so is your journey but it will be memorable forever.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 49; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb