Corner House for Guinness


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Donegal » Donegal
June 15th 2011
Published: June 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

As the last of the visiting Americans departed the pristine coach, I watched as one by one they ambled towards the waiting craft shop and tea rooms, where piped Irish music reminded them that they had made it to the heritage town of Aradra, which sits on the edge of the Atlantic in Donegal, Ireland.
The coach arrives each day during Summer, with different passengers of course, although mandatory name tags give away the fact that they are on a pre planned holiday.
With limited time, they purchase the Arran jumpers on display and many look over at the nearby bars, but opt instead for the tea and scones on offer.
On a a few occasions I have seen a few brave souls waltz into the heart of town, ignoring the craft shop and finding themselves outside the Corner House pub, where musicians from around the world come to enjoy a daily session of Guinness, fiddles and laughter with the locals.

Coach tours can be a good way to see Ireland, but if you are lucky enough to make it to Ardara, spend less time looking for jumpers and more time enjoying a Guinness with the friendly locals listening to music how it was meant to be heard.

happy travelling

amc

www.thecreativenomad.co

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 18; qc: 48; dbt: 0.039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb