BLT Day 12: Happy Cinco de Mayo from Ireland!


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Cork
May 5th 2015
Published: May 6th 2015
Edit Blog Post

I had been to Ireland on business before, but I had forgotten just how green and lush everything is. Our arrival in Cork was delayed a little and we had some gray clouds and rain when we arrived. But after we arrived in downtown Cork, the skies cleared and we thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon there. The old architecture is beautiful, but what we really loved was the beautiful people. There's a quiet, gentle happiness in the Irish, and they want to share it with every visitor. We met folks of all ages and stages, but they welcomed us with open arms and encouraged us to enjoy their country.

Bowen and I actually some DNA testing done a while back to determine if we had genetic markers for some specific illnesses. Fortunately, those tests were negative. And one benefit of the testing was an identification of where our ancestors came from 500 years ago. Both of us are mostly Irish, English/Scottish/Welsh we a smattering of German and French thrown in for good measure. After spending the day today in Ireland, I'm very happy to be a card-carrying Irish!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.246s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb