Lovely Harbor Town


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Cork » Kinsale
June 24th 2016
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 51.7064, -8.5233

After sleeping late, we found breakfast in the hotel was still being served so we started the day there. We went for a walk for an orientation to the town. We found some restaurants that I had seen online from home and asked the desk clerk to make reservations for us. Natasha was really helpful making reservations for tonight at the Steakhouse and tomorrow night at Fishy Fishy. They both have lots of good reviews.

Still getting over jetlag, we did not want to do too much today. We walked around some, found a pharmacy to buy eyedrops for Phil (something here is bothering his allergies), ate lunch, and took the afternoon harbor cruise. It was a bit over an hour long and circled clockwise around staying in the harbor the whole time. From the boat, we saw the Bulman, the coast footpath, Charles Fort, a shipwreck and James Fort. We sat on the top deck with the rest of the passengers until near the very end when it started to get cold.

Dinner at the Steakhouse was okay. The food and service were nice, but there were two large tables of very noisy people. One person howled and
shrieked often startling me and detracting from the meal. Kinsale claims to be the gourmet capital of Ireland, and although we've had some good food, it hasn't been particularly stunning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0369s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb