Jet Lag


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Cork » Kinsale
June 23rd 2016
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 51.7064, -8.5233

The overnight flight was not the best we've had, but not terrible. There was a fair amount of low-level turbulence, and the pilot kept the seat belt sign on for long stretches of time including over half of the nine-hour flight. We had an empty seat between us on the flight. A woman did sit there for a few minutes during boarding, but she saw two empty seats together against the window and moved over there. It is always nice to be able to spread out a little. Yesterday, Bill texted the Service Manager and at least one of the other flight attendants on our flight to ask them to look out for us and take care of us. Near the end of the flight, Kaolipalani(sp?) stopped by to welcome us and offered us business class amenity kits. A little later two other flight attendants also introduced themselves. All three of them talked about how they loved Bill and missed working with him.

We changed planes in London with the usual almost two mile hike through mostly dismal corridors to get to the Aer Lingus gates. They had given us separate seats, but we were able to move them together. The flight was short—fifty-five minutes take-off to touchdown.

When we arrived in Cork, all the luggage made it, too. We picked up everything, found the rental car desk, then the car, and were ready to take off for the short drive to Kinsale. From checking out Google maps at home, it looked to be an easy drive, and when we got on the road, we did find it uneventful—a few roundabouts leaving the airport, one road (R600) to take south to Kinsale, only two villages to pass through on the way, a couple of easy turns arriving in Kinsale, and we were at the hotel car park.

Check in at Actons hotel went smoothly, and we found our room two floors up with a nice view of sailboats bobbing in the harbor. We decided to have a light dinner in the hotel bar since we are pretty tired. We've been up for over 30 hours and didn't have the energy to go out. Although we were seated right away, it took a long time to order and an even longer time to get food. I think the order did not get turned in or started on by the chef until Philip went up to ask about it 35 minutes after ordering. Then it arrived in ten minutes, and the man seated near us who arrived at the same time that Phil asked about our order was served immediately after us. We both had fish, chips and mushy peas. They were fine. Anything would have been fine by then since we had waited so long and were tired and hungry.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.229s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb