Coyne/Cork Last Day


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Cork » Cork
June 29th 2014
Published: June 29th 2014
Edit Blog Post

So we're about to close up our last day here. Stayed overnight in Coyne. Truly beautiful there. We partook in a traditional breakfast. Started with fruit, bread, and juice &/or water followed shortly thereafter by tea. Eggs Benedict was the special breakfast. It's not my favorite, but when in Rome, do like the Romans! I thought it smart to immerse myself. It was served on an English muffin. Pretty soon the waitress came over with 8 slices of toast (4 slices of bread cut in half to be fair). In case you glazed over the beginning, this was the 3rd serving of bread in one meal! I was stuffed! We took a taxi to the railroad station in Midleton & had a bit of xtra time, so we walked to the supermarket & bought tea. After we arrived back in Cork, we went straight for a suitcase. Though a little large, I like to pretend it's my new skating bag. It swivels so nicely. We looked around a bit & walked a bit in the City Center before beginning our packing party. Just not enough time to visit the gaol (jail). Packing party went great! We're all ready to go. Have to leave ~445am. That's midnight for you east coasters. We don't arrive back in Buffalo until 740pm est (provided our flight is on time). We're crossing our fingers that we don't have any major travel delays that will affect any flights. We need to change airports in London & have a connection in Chicago. Long day of traveling ahead! Bought a new book for the plane at the supermarket!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Random house that fell apart. Random house that fell apart.
Random house that fell apart.

On our walk in Midleton. No idea how old.
Lemon MuffinLemon Muffin
Lemon Muffin

I like to think of it as the lemon pudding muffin


Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 70; dbt: 0.0647s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb