A flat


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Cork » Bantry
August 3rd 2013
Published: August 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We had left Waterford Castle in the morning and spend some time seeing the historical sites around Waterford as well as the Viking structures that had been left behind. Once we were satisfied we decided to head on out towards Bantry for our next B&B at the Dromcloc house. It had been raining on and off and the streets narrow we were a few miles a way when "bang" we hit a pot hole that was off to the side of the road and filled with water. It was enough though to dent both the left side tire rims and of course blow both tires. Estimated time for help was about two house. The nearest rental place was back in Cork and they had to bring a new car for us. Thankfully this all happened in front of a women's house who invited us in for tea and cookies while we waited for the tow truck. She filled us in on most of the local gossip as well as the rugby match that day. Close to 4 hours later we had a new car and were on our way again. Got to our B&B around 11pm and we were exhausted. Woke up the next morning with amazing views looking into Bantry bay. That morning (the 4th) we drove to the end of Sheeps Head to do the short hike to the Lighthouse on the tip. Then we returned to town and visited the Bantry House and Gardens. Needed and easy day after the car fiasco the previous night. At breakfast that morning we were introduced as the typical Americans who always go to fast and hit pot holes. Guess we can't deny that.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0641s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb