The Start! Baltimore to Castletownbere....


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Cork » Baltimore
June 19th 2011
Published: June 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Set off from Baltimore at 0900 and arrive Castletownbere at 1630. Sally and I arrived at the mooring about 0630 and brought her in to the small pontoon were we loaded on the gear. We had no wind and had to motor the whole way in sunshine. We went out around Cape Clear and rounded Mizzen in fairly calm conditions. Passed Sheeps head and then tried unsuccessfully to catch a few fish for dinner bit there were no bites.....It was a warm sunny day but no wind and constant motoring made it a bit tiresome.. Motored in through Pipers Sound and tied up at the main fishing wharf on to a raft of five other boats..... we made the obligatory visit to McCarthys Bar to watch the tail end of the Clare - Tip hurling game before returning to the boat for chips and letils and stuff.... then a walk around town.... saw some friendly donkeys who gave me a nice nip on my hand! We all got an early night but I was awake at 0315 with nearby boats pulling out. Luckily none of those we rafted on to was moving but it still made for a restless night.

Advertisement



21st June 2011

Your off!
Hey so the trip has begun, excellent stuff. Hello and good luck from El Salvador!

Tot: 0.198s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb