Galway and the Cliffs of Moher and lotsa drivin...in the rain


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Clare
August 27th 2012
Published: August 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Lookit da pics. This is Galway City in the evening.

Next day I met a cow. This trip has everything!. I was face to face with this cow after we stopped in Lisdoonvarna. There we visited some other ruins. Next stop I had an Irish Coffee finally... It was mmmm More alcohal.. That cow really looks good!. Okay, only after the Irish coffee.

Did I mention the swans. Beautiful. So what if there common.lol.

That afternoon after our traditional pitstop we made it to the Cliffs of Moher. These are 7oo feet down into the Atlantic. The tourest trap was carved into the mountain to receive us or so it seemed. Just kidding, actually everything is very reasonable and good value for the money. Between the rain drops we were able to take some great photos of the cliffs and finally convince ourselves definately that this is NOT where we want to retire, because the wind and the rain is to unpredictable. They have 176 cms of rain a year. And we hit on a good day!

After leaving the cliffs of Moher we ended the travel day in Kilarney (Church of Arney"). We are staying 3 nights here. Happens that it is our 35th Anniversary so I took the missus for Guiness and Seafood. She was happy that I remembered such an important date. She did not have the Guinness.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



28th August 2012

happy anniversary!
29th August 2012
UploadedFile11

Coowsssssssssss?
Sounds like you guys are having a blast. Have fun and be safe. Ps. I noticed that the poor cow had a tag on her ear. You'll probably have it for dinner, lol
15th September 2012

Cowabunga Dude!
Great Cow! And love the shot of the girl on the pole with the guitar...glad it wasn't a pole dancer--

Tot: 0.324s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 79; dbt: 0.0793s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb