Meeting locals in an Irish pub


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Clare » Shannon
March 21st 2010
Published: March 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Sunday 21.3.2010 day 158
Meeting locals in an Irish pub
We went to the welcome meeting today and got moved from our chalet to another one as we had 2 single beds in both bedrooms and when we booked we were told it was a queen size bed so we got moved to a chalet with a king size bed. After that we went to the Cliffs of Moher it is fee to see the cliffs as you would expect but they charge €8 ($12 aus) for parking no matter how long you stay we were told in the welcome meeting that it only need to be there for an hour to see it. All the roads for miles before and after it are marked as no parking so we decided to go either side and take photos of it rather than paying to look over it! The view is better looking up at it anyway I think. We then drove on to the Burren an area were the ocean bed has been pushed up out of the ocean. It looks fantastic and has unique flora and fauna. It is also free and you can even look over the cliffs for free. We saw lots of baby sheep and cows and lama, it was a fantastic drive. We then drove on to Galway bay and Galway city. That night we went to the local Irish Pub Peppers, they pick us up from our resort and drop us back for free and they had an Irish band playing that night. We sat in the bar and meet a few of the locals and chatted for a while. We were told that one of the guys we were talking to had been kicked out a few times. Everyone in the pub knew him and he was very funny. After he went home we went and watched the band till they finished playing then we got the buss back home.




Additional photos below
Photos: 110, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0335s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb