The Cliffs of Moher


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Clare » Cliffs of Moher
May 3rd 2010
Published: May 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Took the ferry across the River Shannon over to County Clare. Stopped at the Cliffs of Moher and at O'Brien Tower which over looks the Cliffs which was pretty exciting for Colleen. She hasn't stopped telling us that she is an O'Brien and has relatives here and has connections. Went to a medival dinner with singing lords and ladies at Bunratty Castle. We drank Mead which is a wine with honey mixed in it. It was outlawed until about 10 years ago, pretty potent. Typically, it was given to people who were just married and they would drink it for 30 days after their wedding hence honeymoon wine. It was supposed to make them fertile. After dinner, we came back to the hotel bar and watched the volcano explode again. Who knows when we'll get home. The good new is we're safe, the bad news is we're broke. We think we all have powers over the universe to extend out stay awhile. It must be the luck of the Irish. Chris DelHierro asked us to be careful with his mom because she's fragile...are you kidding me?!? She's drinking the rest of us under the table plus she has connections!

Now for a lession in Gaelic...If you are tired, you are knockered (not to be confused with snockered). Craic (crack) means you are having good fun (not to be confused with crack the drug). Hooley is a party (not to be confused with holy, which we're not! read yesterday's blog). If someone is knocked up it means to wake you up. Sweeties is candy. Bends is a curve in the road. Take away is to go. Sound means fine.

So we will sign off for tonight in Gaelic by saying we're knockered, but we're sound and please send money. Hope to see you soon. The 4 Colorado Girls.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb