Ireland as a Family of 4


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Clare » Bunratty
December 14th 2007
Published: December 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Eric and I are driving from Fairhope to B'ham on friday, where Shaun will join us at Sondra & Ken's home in Alabaster overnight. Our plane leaves from BHM at 7a, so we will be waking at 3. Lisa leaves LAX at 6:30 PST and meets us in Boston around 4pm. Our flight for Shannon (SNN) departs at 7:15pm, giving us plenty of time for several visits to Starbucks. We arrive in Shannon at 6:15am on Sunday. We will pick up the rental car (steering wheel on the right, driving lane on the left), and drive the short 5 miles to Bunratty Castle Garden Holiday Townhomes. I'm certain we will need a taxi to bring along our luggage; neither Lisa nor I believe in the "pack light" myth. Seven day = 14 outfits and at least 8 pair of shoes. We have reservations for a 3 bedroom, 2 bath townhouse (hopefully no kitchen). From there we shall venture out daily to the must sees, such as the Ring of Kerry, Cliffs of Moher, Blarney Castle and the blarney stone that must be kissed, the Waterford factory, the Guiness brewery, and an overnight in Dublin for a "pub crawl" to appease the children. I will be on the look out for jewelry shopping opportunities, and surely the obligatory sweaters that one must buy when on the Emerald Isle. If there is anything you would like for us to bring back for you, and know exactly what and where it is, let us know.... Lisa and I are all about shopping, though she seldom has anyone but herself in mind for such forays.

I will try to blog daily, depending on the availability of wi-fi at the townhouse or adjoining hotel, and throughout the countryside. I will have my iPhone programmed for international use, so if all else fails, I can blog and email the Apple way.

We will return to Alabama on the 23rd, and to Fhope that evening or early morning of Christmas Eve..... gotta' be home before Santa comes; I asked him to slip a sable under the tree for me. Uh-Oh! I didn't "do" a tree this year. Darn, no tree no sable.

We all have our cameras packed, charged, carded, and focused so watch for pics along with the blog.

Happy Ho Ho!
K Ray

Advertisement



14th December 2007

Have a Great Time!
Looking forward to following your journey. Will the Rays make each plane, can they drive on the wrong side, will they all make it back still speaking? Stay tuned for exciting updates....Take it away...K-Ray!
14th December 2007

Merry Christmas
Trip sounds wonderful .....enjoy and take care ...hugs Kerry xx
14th December 2007

Luck of the Irish
may the road rise up to meet you and the wind always be at your back. travel safely!

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb