Snowed in with nowhere to go!


Advertisement
Iceland's flag
Europe » Iceland
December 10th 2014
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 65.687, -18.0894

So with the weather being as clear as anything last night, we were surprised to look out of the window at breakfast and see a blizzard! Brilliant!

Our little plane back to Reykjavik and our posh hotel are not happening today!!

Numerous phone calls to airlines and travel agents we are def here for the night! Hopefully they will fly out in the morning..... Fingers crossed around the world please!!!

No point crying over spilt milk, so we ventured out into town so I could buy a badge for my bag and an Icelandic wool headscarf.... It was WINDY!! the snow coming at you from every direction! We were also silly enough to go up to the church to see what we could see.... Not a lot!

So back to the coffee shop from Monday for another super hot choc and a retreat back to the hotel via a snowball fight! There is nothing really to do here other than go on tours and eat!!! No tours for us now, so eat it is!! Icecream parlour across the rd is looking gooooooood!!

At least we saw what we came here to see!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0591s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb