Day 4


Advertisement
Iceland's flag
Europe » Iceland
April 6th 2016
Published: April 13th 2016
Edit Blog Post

<li style="margin: 0px; font-size: 12px; line-height: normal; font-family: Helvetica; color:񮾑">Godafoss



It was cloudy when we woke up. It started snowing as we were heading towards godafoss (it was in the mountains). It was such a beautiful sight. Gushing water accompanied by frozen water (snow). I find that very mesmerising.



<li style="margin: 0px; font-size: 12px; line-height: normal; font-family: Helvetica; color:񮾑">Lake myvatn (fast furious 8)



We found out that fast 8 is filming in this lake! We got so excited. The entire lake was somewhat frozen and its surroundings were covered in snow. We had to alter our plans when we found out that some of the things we wanted to see were not accessible due to the snow (viti crater and the other one). I was quite disappointed. We also opted not to hike up to the huge crater next to lake myvatn (name?) but instead see the other attractions.



<li style="margin: 0px; font-size: 12px; line-height: normal; font-family: Helvetica; color:񮾑">Skytustadagigar (pseudo crater)



We could walk up to the crater, but it was not obvious that we were by the rim of these pseudocraters. The snow was a factor, but so was the height. A bird's eye view would have been amazing. This was also where fast 8 had set their base for the movie shoot. We saw russian and us army tanks, lamborghinis, and snowmobiles. It was cool. We had our sandwich lunch in the car then headed off to our next stop.



<li style="margin: 0px; font-size: 12px; line-height: normal; font-family: Helvetica; color:񮾑">Dimmiborgir (maze)



This was like mars, if it snowed. It was just rock formations that somehow was a maze. We took the quickest trail, which was about 15 min walk. It was beautiful. Everything was covered in snow.



<li style="margin: 0px; font-size: 12px; line-height: normal; font-family: Helvetica; color:񮾑">Jardbodin (natural bath)



We soaked in a natural bath. It was so hot and nice. My face and ears were freezing though. We also had to run out of the building in our skimpy bikinis and into the pool. That was not fun at all. We spent at least 10 min psyching ourselves so we could get out of the pool and run back in.



<li style="margin: 0px; font-size: 12px; line-height: normal; font-family: Helvetica; color:񮾑">Hverir (Geothermal place)



I could actually hear the ground bubbling at some point. We could walk so close to steaming geothermal rocks. It was a sulfur steam fest. It was quite cool. Then again, everything I've seen so far has been quite cool.



<li style="margin: 0px; font-size: 12px; line-height: normal; font-family: Helvetica; color:񮾑">Egilsstadir (stay)


We tried to use our gas cooker to make dinner but we couldn't attach the pipe to the gas. It was ridiculous. Gone was another night we could have used the gas cooker. We had sandwiches instead.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb