Day 2


Advertisement
Iceland's flag
Europe » Iceland
April 4th 2016
Published: April 13th 2016
Edit Blog Post

<li style="margin: 0px; font-size: 12px; line-height: normal; font-family: Helvetica; color:񮾑">Glymur (waterfall)




3.5-4 hours of hike. Definitely worth the hike. The scenery starts out quite plain, kind of like a scene from LoR. Then you start seeing cliffs and a river. You have to walk through a huge boulder-cave thing and down to the river. You have to meander along the river for a bit then the cool part starts. You have to cross a seemingly innocuous river. But as it is still spring, the log that allows us to get across isnt yet put in place, so we have to climb across the river using a rope. It was so cool and fun! Then its quite steep, scrambling all the way up. But the views of the cliff and the waterfall is worth it. It was an amazingly sunny day with barely any wind, an awesome start to our trip.



<li style="margin: 0px; font-size: 12px; line-height: normal; font-family: Helvetica; color:񮾑">Kirkjufells, kirkjufellsfoss (mountain) (stay) (dinner at Ruben-egg and cheese burger)


Its like a larger and whiter version of ayers rock. And theres a tiny waterfall next to it. I unfortunately didn't go to the right angle to take a pic. Our stove didn't work so we went to a random cafe to have dinner instead. We parked in a random carpark and i had to brush my teeth near people's house. It was bizarre. The sky was clear and there was a possibility of seeing auroras. But i was so knackered from the hike that i fell asleep pretty early. I set an alarm at 12 and briefly looked out the window but i couldn't see anything so i went back to sleep. If we drove out back to kirkjufell we might have been able to see as there is less light pollution there, but i will never know. Oh the regrets. (Stayed in grundarfjörður)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0321s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb