Bless Bless Iceland (icelandic for Bye bye iceland)


Advertisement
Iceland's flag
Europe » Iceland » Southwest » Reykjavík
April 7th 2008
Published: April 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey all,
Today i just arrived back from iceland, it was probably the best place i have been to so far on my travels. We flew in late last wednesday night, and checked in to our little guest house, was a really good place, nice and close to the city centre. Iceland is the most expensvie country in all of Europe, and it really hurt the pockets! but was well worth it, juts to give you an idea, a pint of beer was approx £5! Our first day there we woke up early and decided to walk the streets of the city and see what it was like, we set off around 9am, yet did we know that shops dont open in Iceland till 10am! they have a very relaxed way of life! We had a quiet night first night as our second day there was our big adventure. We where picked up from our guest house at 8:30am to set off in our super jeep, we drove 2 hours out to the second biggest glacier in iceland doing a little bit of snow 4wheel driving, (couldnt get out there in a normal car) and went snow mobiling on the glacier, awsome fun, even in the -8degree weather, gail force winds, but at least beautiful blue sky! From there we headed towards the Geiser which is like a blow hole and every 5-10mins blows a big gush of boiling water and steam in the air! there are hundreds of these things in iceland, every where you look in the mountains you see steam rising fro them. From there we went to a waterfall, and then off to a national park which has the worlds first parliment site, from there we set back off to the guest house. We arrived back just in time for a quick nap before we set off on our nothern lights tour that night, all i can say is WOW the most amazing site i have ever seen.

The next day we hired a car and drove out to the blue lagoon (first time driving on the right hand side of the road!), about an hours drive from Reykajvik, the drive was amazing and the lagoon was awsome. The lagoon was full of tourists bathing in the relaxing blue hot waters easing those aches and pains! We decided to drive ourselves out of town that night so we could watch the northern lights again that night, we got the most spectacular show with the lights dancing above us all different colours, got some wicked photos of them! we got back around midnight and deced to check out the night life, which was also nothing like i have seen, people every where, town really moves late at night! ( no wonder the shops open so late!)

any ways back in london now, next trip will be to Ibiza in June, maybe a short trip before then, not sure yet.
miss you all
scott

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb