Homewards bound


Advertisement
Iceland's flag
Europe » Iceland » Southwest » Keflavik
October 29th 2017
Published: November 12th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Homewards bound


Sunday morning we were up even earlier than usual & left in the dark to drive the scenic route to the airport which avoids Reykjavík. Although Vicky spent a while fixing her broken suitcase with duct tape (very expensive Icelandic duct tape!). We first headed south towards Þorlákshöfn then west along the coast to Grindavík then north past the famous Blue Lagoon towards Keflavík & the airport. We dropped off the car without any issues (the mouse thankfully having vacated after the first night) & as the shuttlebus didn’t seem forthcoming Vicky got a trolley for her broken case & we walked over to departures and checked in. As our flight was over an hour before Chavaunne’s we said goodbye before security. Sadly I couldn’t find any Ris Buff in duty free so had to but other chocolates for Mark & the office (the Lava Wafers went down well though!)

Vicky & I bought sandwiches for the plane and as we were waiting at the gate Chavaunne caught up with us for a brief while until we boarded. Annoyingly at was at this point we were told there was someone with a severe nut allergy on board & on checking our sandwiches mine contained peanut butter & Vicky’s ingredients were all in Icelandic & none of the air crew could read it. This lead to a bit of a discussion over why they couldn’t have mentioned this in one if the many emails sent to us before the flight & us having to obtain airplane meals to see us through. We landed a bit earlier than scheduled but as usual it took a while to get bags so Mark managed to be there waiting for us with a beautiful homemade sign as we came out! Then it was just the airport bus to the car park & the drive home for me (& a slightly longer drive home for Vicky).

Time to start planning the next adventure!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb