Rainbows, Eric Clapton and thermal waters in Iceland


Advertisement
Europe » Iceland » North » Mývatn
September 2nd 2012
Published: September 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Travel tip # 32:Iceland is a whole lot bigger than you can imagine, so get smart fast and plan more time than you think you need. In the 14 days or so that we have been here, we really have only scratched the surface on all there is to see and do. As we now sadly bid farewell to Iceland, we can say we have enjoyed our time here. No, wait a minute, strike that…… we have been witness to grea... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 43, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

FjaorargljufurFjaorargljufur
Fjaorargljufur

a beautiful canyon
Blowing in the windBlowing in the wind
Blowing in the wind

horses of Iceland
Horses of IcelandHorses of Iceland
Horses of Iceland

a windy country
Swans a swimmingSwans a swimming
Swans a swimming

100's of swans
Coffee & CocoaCoffee & Cocoa
Coffee & Cocoa

Staying warm in Iceland
Ohio State FanOhio State Fan
Ohio State Fan

playing with Brutus



2nd September 2012

Rainbows, Eric Clapton and thermal waters in Iceland - Fantastic!
Eric should have made more of an effort, meeting you two wouldve been one of his lifes highest achievements ;-) LOVE the rainbows..dont know how but you have managed to make iceland look sexy!
2nd September 2012

Eric and Rainbows
I'm sure over the years that story can grow and take on a deeper form. Iceland is unique but you have to embrace the weather changes and nature to be happy.
2nd September 2012
Taking a walk

SEEKING VALHALLA
Wonderful sojourn in Iceland ending...great blog to capture your memories...sounds as if you got close...but did you reach Valhalla? Hope you didn't get too cold spying on Eric...and how come Brutus never gets his feet dirty?
2nd September 2012
Taking a walk

Brutus leads a pampered life
He has fans around the world. He is a rock star with people catering to him. Not sure we reached Valhalla....but had an above average time. Nature is raw and unique in this land.
2nd September 2012

Gorgeous pictures, but.....
...the price of a beer and a burger with chips has actually put me off a little though. Another piece of useless information for you, but did you know that Icelandic and Old English are actually very closely related? Strange but true!
2nd September 2012

The prices are tough
It is hard to pay that kind of money for a burger but we enjoyed our time here so....that is the price you pay for world travel. it would be interesting to learn more about old English.
2nd September 2012

What a Great Wrap Up
It looks as if Iceland was a great starting point for this trip. I know I learned a lot and loved your pictures. Looking forward to your next stop.
2nd September 2012

Hello Brendan,
Good hearing from you. The first phase of our trip has been full of nature and unique landscape. We are planning a down day tomorrow as today was a travel day. Who knows what we will see soon.
2nd September 2012

"This is a land that has a fire within and yet is covered by quite a bit of ice." -- what a great line! Reading this blog makes me want to book a flight for tomorrow. And ten rainbows in a day? I think there's a viral youtube video in there. Brilliant photos, great writing, looking forward to the next one.
2nd September 2012

Hello Michelle,
You should book that flight....you did not have enough time there. You need to go in search of rainbows. It was truly amazing. We now consider ourselves waterfall snobs!
2nd September 2012

Amazing!
As always, I have so enjoyed the comments and the photos. You guys look like you're having an amazing time and enjoying every minute and experience and sight. Thanks for letting me be there to enjoy it too. Don't know where you're headed next, but look forward to participating vicariously.
2nd September 2012

Hello Billie
So good to hear from you. Glad you are following along. We have seen some amazing things in the last month. Life is a journey...never know what will come next but we are open to receiving.... Today was a travel day and tomorrow we explore the Shetland Islands....it is good to be on Scottish soil again.
3rd September 2012

Valhalla, indeed!
Your adventures and photos are heavenly--all of my faves--impressive waterfalls, glaciers and snow, thermal springs, puffins and gorgeous flowers unexpectedly blooming. Since it's a bit out of my price range, I so appreciate the vivid images you've shared--I feel as if I were there too! Since you seem to have a lucky streak, I imagine you'll find some more puffins in Scotland.
3rd September 2012

Hello Tara
Believe it or not the prices have dropped in the past couple of years. We saved an extra long time so we could add this destination. We had planned to visit Iceland in 2000 but ended up enjoying the sunshine in Mexico instead. It is an amazing country and out of many peoples budgets. Not a place we could afford to visit each year. Even with our prior knowledge of the high prices we were a bit surprised they were as high as they were. None the less glad we went. Nature at its finest.
3rd September 2012

What beauty!
Truly enjoyed the sights of Iceland! where are you off to next?
3rd September 2012

Hello Lydia,
So great hearing from you. Glad you are following along. We had a great time in Iceland, Greenland and the Faroe Islands. We are currently in the Shetland Islands. There is so much to see in the world. Please keep in touch.
4th September 2012

Absolutely breathtaking!
Your pictures make me feel like I was there with you! Who would have known that Iceland was so beautiful. It is probably a bit sad to know that so much of the snow mass is melting! Wishing you continued good travels.
4th September 2012

Hello Anne,
Great to hear from friends, thanks for writing. Glad you are following along. Anyone who questions global warming needs to go to Iceland and Greenland. Substantial changes in the past decade. Not good. Having a great time. Hope you have some wonderful travels planned soon. keep in touch.
6th September 2012

I've been waiting for the perfect time so I can savour your blog, but I had to go hunting for it as it was already off the front page! Ali, you have got to fix this! Great blog, really enjoyed your pictures. Snowballs and thermals. Wow what a place. I so want to go someday!!
6th September 2012

Hi Andrea
Thanks for your note and thanks for following along. Yes, you must add it to your list of must do's. What a great place. So much to see and do. Lots of hiking and beauty and waterfalls around each corner.
12th September 2012

Rainbows etc
Finally I have had time to read your blogs and follow you to the Shetlands and Denmark. So entertaining to read.
12th September 2012

Hello Gugga,
Glad you are finding us entertaining. I am glad you have some down time to rest and read. Hopefully, soon, you will be the traveler.
13th September 2012

Ministry of Elves
I've got a roommate in my hostel dorm from Iceland and have told him all about you two. He was excited that you visited so many of his great sites. Also told me that there's a Minister of Elves in the govt that checks out new building sites with locals to make sure they don't interfere with known elf spots! So all those fairy tales you've been hearing are true!
13th September 2012

I believe it
We heard so many stories about the elves and trolls. you gotta watch out. Great history. We were so glad we won't to the western fjords because so few people go there.
13th September 2012

I believe it
We heard so many stories about the elves and trolls. you gotta watch out. Great history. We were so glad we won't to the western fjords because so few people go there.

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 21; qc: 36; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb