Lonely East


Advertisement
Iceland's flag
Europe » Iceland » East
August 8th 2010
Published: August 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

This day we did the least tourist things but by far the most driving. We started to head north through the Eastern fjords but the weather turned bad so it was very slow progress through this area. A very large fog came and made visibility pretty much nonexistent so it was very slow progress for the day. We were lucky enough to get some sun at times though and the views were amazing of the mountains along the coast road.

The East is very much of the tourist trail with hardly any traffic at all for most of the time and if only the sun was out it would have been a perfect drive but we have been lucky enough for the other days. Most people choose to skip the Eastern fjords and do the Western since they are more close to Reykjavik I think on a fine day these would be the same if not better since less tourists will be around.

The towns are dotted far between with very little to do so we skipped most of them until we came to Seyöisfjöröur which is located in the most specular spot. Mountains all around with snow still on the peaks for this time of year and the small fishing village is fantastic. Very colorful houses on a lake which heads out to the ocean, we have set up camp here for the night.



Additional photos below
Photos: 46, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



12th August 2010

beautiful in bad weather
The east is very beautiful in the fog, it is also very common around this time. I gives the area very mystical view.

Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0719s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb