Kalocsa


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary
August 27th 2010
Published: September 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Paprika FieldsPaprika FieldsPaprika Fields

Who knew that this was the World's leading supplier of this pepper.
Day 11-Kalocsa, Hungary
8/27/10

Yet another perfect weather day. We are so lucky…

The stop today in Kalocsa was mostly a rest day for us. The tour group had an optional tour available but we chose not. We wanted a slow day and we got it.

The only thing of note was a paprika processing plant. All of the farms in the area were full of plants. They appeared ripe for picking. I wanted to pick and few to bring home but Jackie stopped me.

Tonight we set sail for Budapest, our final city on the Danube. We should arrive early and get started sight seeing in that big city.

Stay tuned…



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

strangers walking bystrangers walking by
strangers walking by

This photo is for Rich.
Museum Museum
Museum

We were surprised when we saw this painting in a very small museum in the village. It appears that they could not decide to spell with an 's' or 'z.'
Museum Museum
Museum

These two pieces were really good.


2nd September 2010

Glad you're always thinking of Rich!
2nd September 2010

nuttin much
Hummmm...now that I've written on every blog...I feel as though I have to now. I've love to see what Paprika looks like growing. Don't try to bring any home...remember Gloria had her tiny four leaf clover in a little tiny pin on vase taken away from her coming back to the states. Bad, Bad!!!!

Tot: 0.18s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0957s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb