Back from Camp #2 in Ujhuta


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Northern Hungary
July 9th 2012
Published: July 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We had a great week at camp... The kids ages 6 -14 were all friendly and wanting to get to know us better although the language barrier was more evident than at the last camp. Ujhuta is located up in the mountains and so it was gorgeous waking up in the morning. Our day would start with a devotion time with the Hungarian camp leaders at 7:00am and then they would go to each cabin and sing praise songs to wake up the children. Breakfast was at 8:00am. At 9:00am the Hungarian leaders took turns telling the story of Joseph everyday and a Bible verse. After the story time the children (and us 😊 ) had some freetime to play outside or games inside. 11:00am we would have small group discussion. The kids were divided by age into four groups. Each of us went with a different group. Lunch was at 1:00pm. Around 2:00pm we would do our program.. puppets, songs, Bible verse and crafts. The rest of the afternoons were filled with fun... long walks, water ballon fights, and soccer. We went on one walk that was 3 miles to a mountain where we discovered we had to walk/climb up it about a 1/2 mile to a small pond. 😊 We found the small pond and soaked our feet and then it was back to camp again...Supper was at 6:00pm and a evening devotion for the kids. 8:30pm was shower time and then to bed! Today we start a two-day program at a gypsy village.. We are excited as some of the kids from last week may be here also. Below are some pictures from the last week! Thanks for remembering us in prayer!


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

BullBull
Bull

New game we learned while over here
Story timeStory time
Story time

Regi Nagy (MIklos & Edit's oldest Daughter)


Tot: 0.221s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb