Buda or Pest? How about both!


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest
August 19th 2017
Published: August 20th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Almost six months without travelling, I don't know how we did it!
The minute my passport arrived, we were already booking our flights to Budapest for 5 days.
Budapest is a great place for at least a long weekend. There are plenty of Spas to relax in, big and small, great views over looking the Danube river and over the city, great architecture and unique nightlife locations.
We visited the famous Széchenyi Thermal Bath which looks amazing on the inside but also the most popular and busiest. They have countless different pools, inside and out with varying temperatures. The other Spa we visited was the smaller and more authentic looking called Kiraly Medicinal Baths which was much quieter and even cheaper.



We found ourselves in a suitable AirBnb just up the road from the infamous ruin pubs. The ruin pubs are a great experience in Budapest, several different bars in the one location but with the look of a ruined and dishevelled house. There are a few of them and they are all different layouts and different rooms will have different music. We went to Szimpla Kert and Mazel Tov, both great places for a night out and he prices were quite reasonable.



The city is great to walk around in with a little market in the centre and several different styles of architecture such as Parliament building that stands out along the side of the Danube river. Most places can be walked to but there is also several options of public transport available. The views from the Buda side are very nice!



One thing that we found was the food to be quite heavy and with the size of the food, it is enough for two people to share. Apart from that, I don't think there is anything else that we didn't like about Budapest. It was great to be able to spend it with our friends as well as a couple and it was a much needed break away.


Additional photos below
Photos: 49, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0214s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb