Budapest at night...


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest
July 26th 2016
Published: June 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Around the afternoon we arrived at Budapest. As we were completely wasted we decided to sleep a bit before we explore the city. Our accommodation was on budget base, so were staying at a guest house with a shared living room and bathroom. We took a nap until 18:00 refreshed ourselves and went out.

From our accommodation to the city center is approximately 40 minutes by foot. Since on our path there are many spots for sightseeing, and we didn't want to search for a parking spot in the center, we went by foot.

Walking next to the Danube which is dividing Buda and Pest, enjoying the nice view of the bridges and buildings, we felt some rain drops coming down. Time to look for shelter and perhaps combine it with dinner.

Beside the Danube we found a nice traditional Hungarian restaurant where we decided to have our dinner and shelter for the rain. Although it started to rain, the weather was quite hot and we took a table outside. There was also some live violin music which gave the dinner some extra traditional taste. Both of us took the same: Chicken prepared on a Hungarian style with Hungarian dumplings. Prices in Budapest compared to West Europe are quite reasonable. It's not anymore cheap cheap, that you can spent a whole evening partying with 10 Euros, but also not like that you have to pay 5 Euro's for a coffee.

When we finished our dinner, also the rain was over. Good opportunity to walk (and digest) to the nice spots of Budapest. Without taking much time we visit from outside the Buda Castle. From there walking over the Chain Bridge towards the Parliament building. (which is the one of the two highlights of Budapest.)

After all the sightseeing and a short visit to one of the crowded pubs we walked back toward our accommodation. We were still tired from the night trip before.

The next morning, woke up fresh and well we went to one of the local supermarkets and bought some small things for the breakfast. After a short breakfast we hit the road and drove to the Romanian border….


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0578s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb