Budapest at Night


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest
December 11th 2016
Published: December 30th 2016
Edit Blog Post

The very last thing we did before leaving Europe was to take the special night tour offered by the Hop-on, Hop-off bus. The night tour is non-stop, so no hopping on or off. The buildings that are the sights we stop to see during the day time are light up at night, and provide a different kind of beauty. Steve made sure that we went almost an hour early, so that we could get at or near the front of the line, so that we could go up the stairs to the second floor of the bus and sit right in the front seats, so we had nothing in front of us but window glass. Luckily, we were able to get those seats, and they really were the best seats in the house for the night lights. Lots of our pictures are just blurs, as you can imagine trying to get pictures of lights through the windows as the bus goes flying by these places. But the bus slowed, and even stopped for some of the places, so we could get our pictures and our fill of the lovely view before starting up again to continue the tour.

I was unsure about going out at night and walking through the streets at night, but it turned out that we had no problems at all - except for getting pretty cold during the time we stood in line waiting for the bus. But it was all good, and we were very lucky to get some really pretty pictures. We walked through the Christmas market on the way back to the hotel, and they had some really pretty lights too, along with a big tree with the big letters spelling out Budapest in front of it. We had to wait our turn, as lots of people wanted to stand in front of the tree to get their picture with the tree, but we finally got a picture of just the tree and letters without any people.

Make sure to click on the first picture to get it to open up to a bigger picture, then you can use your arrow keys to scroll through the rest of the pictures in a larger format. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0741s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb