Tasting My Way Through the City


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest
May 31st 2022
Published: May 31st 2022
Edit Blog Post

LangosLangosLangos

As large as a pizza, we split it. Very tasty, especially after a four k walk.
Our morning started with a drive up to Nomafa, a 100 hectares of nature reserve on top of a hill overlooking Budapest. We walked two kilometres to the Elizabeth Lookout tower and went up to see the 360 degree view of the cities and country side. (Remember that I have limited photos from iPad but when I return to Vienna I will post dozens of photos from this trip)

A two kilometre waok back to the car was rewarded with a traditional Hungarian food: a langos (see photo).

Later in the afternoon we toured the Jewish quarter which is very popular with tourists and celebrities. Then we found the Opera House, Basilica, and parliament buildings. I took tons of photos of grand buildings and street cafes (with other camera). There are many stately universities in this part of the city.

Before the day was finished we has to try another traditional cake Dobostorta Szelet.

Hungary is famous for many cakes.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Highest view in Budapest Highest view in Budapest
Highest view in Budapest

On top of Elizabeth Tower. Can you see Budapest and the Danube river?
A break in the busy Jewish quarterA break in the busy Jewish quarter
A break in the busy Jewish quarter

look to top right….Jamie Oliver has a second restaurant here. We stopped for a liquid break only.
Lunch in Turkish restaurant Lunch in Turkish restaurant
Lunch in Turkish restaurant

Full plates, I had to carry my dessert home for later.
Parliament Parliament
Parliament

One entrance
Parliament Parliament
Parliament

A side view, you can appreciate the scale of the building when you see how small I am yet the lense does not capture all of the building.
StreetStreet
Street

On the walk home


Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0235s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb