The Road To Transylvania - Part 6 - Budapest


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest » Pest
September 12th 2008
Published: September 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Budapest

Budapest is the capital city of Hungary.

Budapest
Monday 11th February 2008

The whole Budapest experience was less than memorable. Firstly, the 7-hour train journey was unappreciated due to my need for a drink. Why didn’t I buy a bottle of water beforehand? Thank god for the snack lady...

Upon arrival at Budapest Keleti train station, we had to find storage for our backpacks and book our overnight sleeper train tickets to Romania. Both of these tasks proved difficult. Eventually we discovered the baggage storage room at Keleti train station, which to be honest looked a little bit dodgy on initial inspection. I then began to encounter financial difficulties as cash dispensers in Budapest denied access to funds (little did I know at this point that my account had been passed to the fraud department). This basically ruined the day for me, wandering from ATM to ATM, fruitlessly searching. I just about managed to afford my overnight sleeper train ticket before hitting rock bottom with an impressive 43 forints… ah well at least Rob and I managed to afford the plasters for our sore heels.

We spent the rest of the day wandering around Budapest. Being mine and John’s second visit, we were fairly familiar with the city layout. Down to the Danube we went to take a few shots of the palace and parlament, and then back up to an Irish bar to kill a few hours. Less said about the shopping mall the better.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

SleepSleep
Sleep

John attempts to sleep standing at Keleti train station
Waiting...Waiting...
Waiting...

Waiting for the overnight train to Sighisoara


Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 18; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0595s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb