parting ways


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest » Pest
May 14th 2008
Published: May 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well, this is my last full day in budapest. Its been a really great time. Of the 3 travel buddies ive made, one was hungarian. and last night he took us to his uncles house for a traditional home-style hungarian meal. First came the welcome drink, palinka. a fruit flavored brandy. then a salad. then a "push the food down drink... palinka. Next was Dinner, with bread, Nokedli( pasta type dish), Perkote( Goulash style beef stew) and some kind of potatoe dish that i cant remember the name to. It was all delicious! then another "push down the food" drink. Some sweet fruit and veg. salad to help with the digestion with of coarse a drink to help. ending finally with a crepe filled with cottage cheese and apricot marmelade. Stuffed to the gills, we prepared to leave, but wait, a goodbye drink was also required. All this and as im to understand it they were taking it easy on us. They described a country weddding, and whoa did it sound intense. So now, im off to the the thermal baths again to relax away the nights festivities, then ill start planning my next move. Unfortunately this is where i part ways with my travel buddies and strike off on my own again. its sad, we've been having a really great time together. they were like a little family, with peter as the dad, taking care of all three of their passports, train tickets and whatever else. ryan as the mom always worrying about reservations and time scheduales and dragging a rediculous suitecase across europe. and then my special buddy, jeremy. their kid. always losing something, breaking his camera, and generally not caring where we went or when we got there. olde blue eyes will miss ya! but know its time to slow this trip down and really see some sights. im off to the bath house now so ttfn.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0307s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb