Sea Day


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece
August 28th 2013
Published: September 4th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Mom out by the poolMom out by the poolMom out by the pool

Free ice cream!!!
Geo: 37.4438, 25.353

Today we cruised through the Dardenelles off the coast of Turkey, leaving Istanbul behind and heading in the direction of the Greek Isle of Mykonos where we will arrive tomorrow morning. We had a nice breakfast up on the Lido deck 9. We don't eat a lot but just lots of different kinds of things. I usually go for the simple stuff - fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, cereal, mush, juices, coffee, waffle, crepes and very little meat, if any. Mom, on the other hand, likes anything weird - some kind of porridge, raw grains, yogurt, rare fruit, eggs, luncheon meats and cheeses.

We checked our pictures to see how they came out. You know, the ones that the ship takes for free and you buy if you like them. We don't plan on many of those. Mom checked out the ship stores. They're open all day on sea days but they close anytime the ship is in port. She found the jewelry and wandered around in there for awhile. i got an ice cream. You know, they're free! We signed up for Internet on the ship but it's expensive and not the fastest. We try to use free wifi on shore if we find it. We need it to keep our blog updated and to post pictures.

We wandered around the ship, had a light lunch, took some pictures. Mom said she saw some UN ships headed in the opposite direction from us. They're probably involved in the Syrian conflict. That's all going on very near us and, at least so far, we're headed in the direction of that action. After Mykonos, we visit Turkey again followed by Greece with two days in Israel if it happens.

The weather is beautiful here in the Mediterranean area. It has been in the 80s unless we go inland and away from the water where it gets in the low 90s. Very humid. The pools and spas on the ship get little use. Just a few kids around here. Mostly geezers. Never a wait for an elevator. Plenty of seats at the shows, bars, restaurants, poolside and areas just to hang out. On our Panama Canal trip, we had to get to the 8pm show at least 15 min early or we had to stand. Here it's only half full. Maybe it's bedtime!

Tomorrow will be our first stop at a port and we'll see how this captain handles this ship. Right now we need to get some Euros for tomorrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.229s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb