Megaro to drop Rachel off to spend a few days with Papous


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » West Macedonia » Grevena
August 2nd 2011
Published: January 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Theo Taki's HouseTheo Taki's HouseTheo Taki's House

Where we stayed in Mikrokastro
We got up at 9:15am to take Rachel up to Papous village to stay overnight at Thea Koula’s house with her granddaughter Alexandra who speaks excellent English. We also had lunch at Thea Koula’s which consisted of delicious flattened meatballs, potatoes, grilled zucchini and peppers and pork. We stopped again at Lidl for laundry detergent, olive oil and such.



When we got back to Mikrokastro Steve was so exhausted didn’t even say anything he just went into the down stairs bedroom and passed out for 4 hours. I did some laundry and caught up some on this journal then once the laundry was done I hung it up outside to dry then I took a 2 hour nap. I woke up when Steve came upstairs, and then right when he laid down the phone rang. Then not long after Konstantina knocked at the door with her laptop to get some music that Steve had with him on his external hard drive. Geez grand central station! We ended up just reheating some of the leftover pasta for dinner.



Xristos came with us to Kozani to meet up with Gioulis and his girlfriend Aphrodite at a bar/club called Apokalipsi which basically means ‘Secrets’. We were at the outside patio area for hours drinking beer and Gordon Space for me. The guys had tequila shots (Ewww) too. The place was pretty empty when we got there, but rapidly filled up and at midnight everyone migrated to the inside club part of the bar. The place was now totally packed! You could barely move. Xristos kept ordering more drinks and finally at 2:00am Steve and Gioulis told him we need to leave. One thing that I thought was weird is that the club had a DJ and they were playing really good dance music but no one was dancing at all. When I asked Aphrodite why she said it was because it was only Tuesday night and therefore it was too early in the week for dancing.



Poor Gioulis had to work at 7am and Aphrodite at 6am; Argh. We drove back to Mikrokastro and Steve and Xristos talked politics and economy stuff the whole way with lots of hand gestures from Xristos. In bed at 2:30am and Steve says he’s very drunk!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 36; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb