Evia, Greece enjoyed the trip here for sure


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Thessaly » Meteora
July 29th 2007
Published: October 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Here we are again on another ferry boat, 45 min drive from Athens and then 45 minutes on the ferry, again full of people going to the big island of Evia. We left the vehicle behind parked somewhere along the driveway. Staying at Papou and Yaya's house an apartment on the hill over a store a block from the sea, with a beautiful balcony looking out to the sea through the houses. How nice, with a nice view of the hills. (unfortunately here again they had a large fire just the day prior and one of the Canadian water planes went down hitting a pole and could not rise and 2 pilots were killed. Those darn fires. Oh I forgot to tell you, during the last 2 weeks the temperatures hit a whopping 43 to 44 degrees and temperatures at midnight at about 29 to 30 degrees throughout our travels depending where you were. You do get used to it, in a way. Here we spent the afternoon again at the sea and again with the famous Greek walk along the sea and port, with children playing on the port alongside the ferries and people busy filling up all the restaurant, outside of course, and the icecream shops. We could not believe as we sat and had icecream, all the people that walked into and out of the icecream shop. Sunday night we returned to Athens, to spend some days shopping at markets and the big shopping grocery store of Carefour. No matter where you go there is something neat to see whether a sign or trees or buildings, etc. Your eyes almost can not take it all in. Tonight we had a delicious grilled fish meal that Arlene made for us. What a life.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.027s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb