Day 14 - Homeward Bound


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Thessaly » Meteora
August 8th 2007
Published: November 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

It is time to head home. We were all a little down this morning. It has been such a great vacation that it is hard to think about heading back home. Daniel and I had five goals for our vacation and we easily met every one of them. First, we wanted to deepen our relationship with our niece, Rachel. Second, we wanted to guide Rachel through a life-changing experience that would provide her a newfound confidence to explore her own backyard and the entire world. Third, I wanted to learn more about Greek history and culture. Fourth, we wanted to have fun and relax. Finally, Daniel wanted a few more life birds. Mission accomplished!

It seems the universe wasn’t ready to have us back home either. Our plane was delayed in Athens, which then made us late for our plane from Newark NJ to Portland OR. This was a problem because we had to pick up our luggage in NJ, go through customs and then recheck it. These efforts took an hour. Luckily, our plane to Portland was delayed too, so we were able to make it. When we got to Portland, there was one last line to get our taxi. We got finally got home at one in the morning, which was about three hours later than we expected.

Boy, did our bed feel wonderful!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb