Who said it never rains in Santorini.........


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Santorini
May 4th 2009
Published: May 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Santorini,Greek Islands


The myth is broken!! It does rain in Santorini.We actually knew the weather was going to change because of the wonders on the internet and being able to log into weather.com on the laptop.
Anyway it was a good day to rest and catch up on some admin and pigout on the internet which is working in our room.
We did venture out late morning to the bakery for bread for lunch and also came back with what we thought was a giant chocolate eclair.It turned out to be more of a elongated bun with chocolate icing and runny chocolate inside but no cream,bugger(cos we were hanging out for it to have cream in it).
We lunched on the fresh bread,tomatoes(can't get enough of these) and gouda cheese cut in thick slices and of course good old Nescafe coffee.
The thought of watching George Clooney in Michael Clayton got too much for Gretchen so we settled down to watch the movie on the laptop which passed another couple of hours while the light rain continued.May have to watch the movie again soon to fully figure out the plot.
Then it was time for a late afternoon walk up to the supermarket for water and fresh batteries for the wireless mouse.We really had to exert some energy before we sat down to the early evening beers and chippies.
The beer wasnt needed quite as much as previous days because the temperature was only around 17c and we hadnt been doing a lot of walking.But we can't take them with us when we head to Crete tomorrow so down they went.
Dinner was at another local restaurant in the little village which had an expansive menu.
There was only one other couple in and the owner,who was a tall,slender man respendant in a waistcoat,indicated we could sit anywhere of the other 5 or 6 tables.
We perused the menu and Gretchen opted for Moussaka for the first time while I queried the owner with a dish that had about 20 letters in it.It would be a great word for the Greek spelling bee(I assume they have it here as TV is into those game shows).
It turned out to be meatballs in tomatoe sauce(more tomatoes !!) on rice.Sounds plain but it was delicious as have all our dinners in Greece to date.We cleaned off a 500ml carafe of wine and were well satisfied.
So not a lot to report on the scenery,in fact nothing to report,and we didnt even take a photo or video today!!

Advertisement



5th May 2009

Really?
Wow, rain in Santorini.....cant imagine it! Hope it only lasts the day....we had two days of rain in Hvar, Croatia and got stir-crazy in our hotel room that wasnt designed for rainy days!

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0381s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb