Having the time of our lives on the island of Santorini, Greece!


Advertisement
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Santorini » Fira
July 6th 2015
Published: July 6th 2015
Edit Blog Post

The anticipation of travelling to Santorini had my stomach full of butterflies for days... even long after we arrived. Not only does it live up to it's name, but it was far more beautiful than what I had imagined. I'm not just talking about the signature caldera white villages and blue domed churches that Santorini conjures images of... We also met some of the warmest people there, and ate some of... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 177, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

SantoriniSantorini
Santorini

With Our friends Naty, David, Erika, and Jose!



7th July 2015

Favorite
MJ here...still my favorite after all these years of travel. It is beautiful. The food, the people, the azure waters.... perfection. Santorini is for lovers. Each of your photos seems to be better than the last.
7th July 2015

Thanks DMJ!!
I think its in our top favorite places now too, its just like you described it! I hope we get to return again one day.
7th July 2015

I loved this blog!
For a little while I was transported out of our winter weather and into that sunny paradise. The food sounds amazing and your photos are fabulous!
7th July 2015

Thanks Renandrew!
Im so glad that I could transport you to a warmer place just from my descriptions, thats exactly how we felt the whole time we were there!
7th July 2015

Fabulous adventures!
What a wonderful variety of adventures, great food and dancing fun! I too was so happy I went before the summer high season--Oia must be crazy then. Your photos are incredible, and I love the incredible, iconic places you've chosen to go on this vacation!
7th July 2015

:)
Thanks Tara I appreciate your comment! Im glad you missed the heavy tourist season too, and glad you enjoyed it!
11th July 2015

Awesome
Fabulous photos and interesting blog with some great tips for when I visit there some time. Good luck in Switzerland.
13th July 2015

Thanks Lynne!
I hope you do visit it one day, it's one of those places that seems to agree with everyone, and it's really relaxing. Switzerland was very beautiful and I'm currently working on that blog :)
12th July 2015
The Oia Windmill glowing in the golden hour.

Great photo!
Deserves to be the first one in the blog entry - great light!
13th July 2015
The Oia Windmill glowing in the golden hour.

Thanks Jo!!
Victor will appreciate your comment, he works really hard to get the lighting right for his photos and he loves photography. We have this photo hanging up in our home, it's one of our favorites as well.
14th April 2020

Very Nice and Informative
I enjoyed your writing style and accounts of your trip on Santorini. It was obvious you were having a great time, which we will in June, assuming the virus subsides.
18th May 2020

Stay safe and have fun!
I hope everything works out for you and your trip! We talk about and remember Santorini all the time, even 5 years later. Perhaps the memories will stay in your heart forever, it is our favorite place by far!

Tot: 0.476s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 42; qc: 146; dbt: 0.1681s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.7mb