Paradise Island


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Santorini » Fira
September 26th 2011
Published: September 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Yassou!

Or G'day in Oz, we are now enjoying the liveliest of weather and locations on Paradise Island called Santorini, it is absolutely stunning.

We arrive in the early hours of Saturday morning after a 3 hour plane trip to Athens leaving Heathrow at 10pm and landing in Athens their time at 4am! Then a short 30 minute flight to Santorini, unfortunately it was still dark coming into land so we couldn't see the true beauty of the place.

We were picked up by our host of the villa we are renting and woke Katherine and Bryan up. The villa was superb, authentic white stone cave with a balcony overlooking the ocean.

We had a very relaxed 1st day exploring the island in our rental car, then a beautiful dinner in the local traverna eating some great Greek food and drinking their local fire-water called 'Raki', a bit potent!

Yesterday we had our sunset cruise on an old sail ship around the islands, it was awesome and the view of the sunset was amazing, we had a great dinner on board the ship.

We did think about getting a donkey ride back up the hill but thought better of it after seeing what the poor donkeys looked like!

After getting back to our villa we had a quite night up on the balcony eating feta cheese and drinking red wine!

Last full day today, we are off shopping then dinner again at the local traverna, watch out for the fire-water!,

Our trip is nearly over and we have had a fantastic time but looking forward to also getting home.

Love to you all

G & M xx

Advertisement



26th September 2011

Sounds great - still having cold weather. Hail in Bathurst and snow forecast for Wed/Thurs - stay as long as you can. Love Paul

Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb