Where to Stay in Santorini


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Santorini » Fira
May 18th 2021
Published: June 1st 2021
Edit Blog Post

Much like other tourist hot spots, location is often the key to meeting your tourist and sightseeing needs. Here on Santorini, the question comes down to Oia or Fira. Stay in Fira for nightclubs, restaurants and shopping. Fira is nonstop tourists, cruise shippers, and partiers. And amazing views. Fira has cheaper places to eat. Stay in Oia for a quieter, more artistic atmosphere, that will be super crowded at sunset for the hordes of viewers. Oia is fairly quiet the remainder of the day. Oia is more romantic. Guess which one I selected? That's right, Fira, in the heart of the action, of course. Both have great views. Tours leave from both places. Renting a car for wine tasting is easier in Fira. The airport is only 10 minutes away. Fira is more central, and easier to to get around by bus. Fira is closer to the beach. And the action! Mostly, I can walk most everywhere. When I get tired, I can just hop on the local bus, which goes everywhere on the island. Renting a car was a big mistake, other than going to the beaches or wineries. The roads in the towns are quite narrow, and locals do not know how to park! No matter, I am just a short flight away from Athens. I leave very early Monday morning. Everyone has an opinion about where to stay in Santorini. We shall see. But I am going to Domaine Segales for wine tasting, I guarantee that!!! Athens was fun, relaxed, but ultimately, a big concrete city. I look forward to the open space of Santo, the caldera, the wine, and a slower pace, if that is possible.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.1294s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb