Another name becomes another place - Patmos


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Patmos » Skala
June 17th 2011
Published: June 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

SamosSamosSamos

Nissos Kalymnos arriving in Samos
Friday 17th �June, 2011

We made a move to breakfast at 0920 and had the usual. Back to the room and slowly packed our stuff. A visit to the supermarket for some water, then took our stuff down to reception.

It was just before 12 o'clock and the taxi was due at 1230 so after we handed the key we went for a last look around the harbour. We walked back to reception at 1220 and the taxi had arrived and was loading our bags. Perfect timing.

An uneventful journey to Pithagorio and we arrived at 1305 hrs. A short amount of time to wait as the ferry was due to leave at 1410, as we waited the numbers of people gradually increased.

Our ferry the Nissos Kalymnos duly arrived with the usual chaos of everyone trying to get on and off at the same time. We sailed at 1420 hrs.

A small note of personal interest, Pat spotted a barge with a crane along the quay and had gone to investigate while we were waiting and said that it was an NCK Rapier crane, the company my father used to work for.

We stopped at two small islands, Agathonisi and Arki, along the way and arrived at Patmos at 1720 and debarked with no problem. There were the usual accommodation touts at the port gate and we walked through them, but spotted a guy holding up an El Greco sign and said we had a booking. He very kindly put our bags on his motorbike and took us to the studios which weren't far away.

We had an informative introduction to the room and Pat watched the ferry sail away.

We went straight out to explore and took a walk along the coast road then turned back towards the square and found a restaurant called Pantelis. We had a Greek salad, pork souvlaki and small fried fish, with drinks €27.40.

As we had walked through the town I had spotted a hairdressers and as my hair was getting long - for me - went to get it cut. Very simple buzz cut all over. My first visit to a hairdressers shop for a haircut in years and years. Pat looked at the shops and after a quick visit to a supermarket and a quick coffee watching the traffic go by we went back to the room.







Advertisement



Tot: 0.287s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 56; dbt: 0.107s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb