Windy beach days and cats


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Paros
July 14th 2022
Published: July 15th 2022
Edit Blog Post

The title pretty much sums up our last few days - the wind had picked up and made any ideas of boat-related activities out of reach, so we decided to head to Antiparos for the day. The ferry ride over was hairy enough and the number of kite surfers out provided a good indication of just how windy it was.

We took a stroll in the small village at the port before finding a low key taverna with octopi drying outside for lunch. A great meal and a little too much wine before strolling to a beautiful (albeit windy) bay where we pulled up a few beach chairs and settled in for a few hours of sun.

Crystal clear water at a perfect temperature made for perfect frolicking conditions so it was only the lure of ice cream that managed to entice the girls out. Ferry and bus back to Parikia before the promised ice cream and a well deserved relax and dinner at home.

The next day dawned even windier than the last so we treated ourselves to breakfast crepes on the main square just down from our apartment and then had a wander through the town. Our wisdom suggested that a south-facing beach may be best against the howling northerly gale so we jumped on the bus and headed towards Aliki. Things were looking good when we wandered to a beautiful calm bay with clear turquoise water. Frolicking was in full swing when the wind picked up and started buffering our legs and faces with whipped up sand. It quickly became very unpleasant and even the water didn’t provide much respite.

Attempted a relocation to another beach (with bar) but this also proved fruitless (luckily not drink less) so we decided to cut our losses and head back…only to be thwarted by the irregular bus schedule. A long wait, punctuated by a bit of wandering around the small town, and we finally made it back.

Headed out to dinner to a restaurant recommended by our apartment owner - she was obviously guided by the food but hadn’t appreciated the true drawcard of any dinner destination - the cats. Luckily this one delivered and we made some true life-long friends among the feline population. And the food was delicious too!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0858s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb