Paros Naousa


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Paros » Parikia
June 2nd 2011
Published: June 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Paros ParikiaParos ParikiaParos Parikia

The Ekatonapilliani Church
Thursday 2nd June 2011

We had a reasonably early start to the day as we wanted to catch a bus to Naousa.

We walked to the bus station in the town and caught the 1030 bus. The tickets were €1.60 each single.

The journey took about twenty minutes and gave us a chance to see a little of the island as we were driving along.

We were dropped off near the harbour and wandered down to the Venetian Kastro, which Pat said was looking like it was pretending to be a castle and not a real one.

Then we stopped at the Insomnia cafe and had a Tuna sandwich, Yoghurt and nuts Crepe and two coffees for the cost of €21.50. You certainly get to pay for the view here.

The town was very pretty with a river running down into the water and small bridges dotted around. A few ducks added to the picturesqueness.

We further ambled around enjoying the sights and caught the 1415 bus back.

We had a quiet afternoon and ventured out at 6 o'clock. We wanted a quick look at the Carrefour we had spotted from the bus and took a walk to the edge of town. Then back up the the Cathedral as Pat wanted to look at the place in daylight hours. We managed to find stairs to the upper part of the church and were both fascinated by this whole aspect.

Then a quick drink at the cafe directly opposite the port watching the hustle and bustle of a couple of ferries arriving and leaving.

We decided on Cactus restaurant for a dinner and had a Mediterranean salad, Swordfish and Nachos chilli beef with drinks the bill was €37.30.

A pleasant meal with a change in our recent eating style i.e not Greek and chatting with a few different people.

Back to the room at 10 o'clock.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

NaousaNaousa
Naousa

The Venetian Kastro


Tot: 0.523s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 58; dbt: 0.2821s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb