My School- Hellenic International Studies in the Arts- Naousa


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Paros » Naousa
September 15th 2010
Published: January 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

I didn't know what to expect attending a school in Greece. Well, it wasn't much of a school, more like a small art program. Only 30 students attend this school in one semester; no more than 10 students per class. They offered a variety of art class but also, Greek Mythology, Women Studies and Philosophy. The professors were all laid back, didn't believe much in exams or writing papers; as long as we attended class we were learning.

The first week we got acclimated to our living situation before classes started. We located the nearest grocery store, beach and night club. Our professors even came out with us to make sure that we were all safe, and to enjoy themselves too of course.

As a history lesson our program traveled every weekend to either a town on our island (Paros) or to another Cycladic island. The first weekend we traveled to Naousa, a quite town with lots of history. Naoussa is full of fantastic fish restaurants and souvenir shops. I enjoyed sitting by the water, sipping on some fresh juice and watching the boats pass by. It appeared to me that less tourist travel to Naousa, therefore, it felt more rustic and less crowded compared to Parokia.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb