Chillin in Naxos


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Naxos
August 19th 2009
Published: October 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 494 (18/8/09)
After a entertaining night, our neighbours leaving to go out just before midnight and returning after 5am when the gates reopened perhaps just a little inebriated. We bought breaky and headed to the beach for a day of relaxing, reading, beach tennis and swimming in the chilly water. We took a stroll down the beach only to find ourselves in the 'naturalist section' opps and quickly retreated back to our family area. Continuing our international cruisine we had dinner at the local Italian restaurant and spent the evening playing cards.

Day 495
After the domestics of hand washing (thank God I was born in the washing machine era), we got the bus into Naxos town with nothing specific to see. We arrived by the port and walked up to the huge door way overlooking the ocean or framing the town (depending which side you stand) unfortunately of unknown historical significance. Next found ourselves in the deserted cobblestone streets of the 13th century Kastro home of the Venetian Catholics.
We headed back to the port lined with restaurant's (found one with wi-fi) for lunch and caught up on some Blogs (not that u'd think we've caught up).
That evening we ate at the East West Asian restaurant (no we don't really like Greek food) realishing a couple Thai currys .

Day 496
Another day chilling on the beach (it really is a hard life)! Carly finished the book 'The Island' by Victoria Heslop, a story of the lepers of Spinalonga Island off Crete... a great read. Swimming, reading and tennis.
Our three weeks of Greek Island hopping was about to come to an end as we caught the ferry that evening to Athens and back to 'real' travelling' again.
We grabbed a bite to eat in town and waited for the Ferry which was delayed 45minutes, we finally made to Pireaus (port of Athens) just after midnight glad we had booked a room nearby. We joined the taxi queue and soon realised our driver wasn't going to be happy with his short trip ripping us off 5Euro.In retrospect a taxi into town would have been cheaper by the time you take into account the taxi and metro tickets the next day... you live and ya learn).
Think this somehow missed the boat.. publishing that is.. sorry if its been published twice?!)


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 20; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0974s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb