Greek Island


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Mykonos
October 11th 2006
Published: October 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Ela!

This is the Greece we had been waiting to see! Tiny narrow paved streets with white and blue houses and windmills lining the beach! Its so different to anywhere we have been and its hard to describe but you can reach out and touch the houses on both sides of the street. They are all white with blue windows and they are so close together its like walking through a maze. You never walk down the same street twice.

Our hotel was so nice with a pool lined with sunbeds and even a hammock. Its a pity the weather was not good for swimming althought there were people determined to get a holiday tan still laying by it each day.

Our first night was crazy. We met up with all of our new friends after having a few drinks at our hotel. We found a lovely little cocktail bar and it was happy hour - buy one get one free. We had about 4 drinks each and by then we were lucky the narrow streets were holding us up! The only thing was we got down the street and realised we hadnt paid the bill!! Oops!
No
Us very drunkUs very drunkUs very drunk

Notice Cherie's water!
wonder Aussies have a bad reputation!

After that we filled our bellies with a lovely Gyros and then we were happy. Oh yeah I forgot the pelican saga! Well Ped went and patted one so I wanted to have my photo taken with them. Bad move! They were up on a ledge and I stood in front of it and it opened its mouth very wide and tried to eat my head! It bit me!!Can you believe it? Wayne was so worried about me (amused!) that he didnt get to take a photo of it - he got the ground instead!!

We took the whole next day to recover but after that we were back to our adventures. We hired a quad bike and went touring around the island. We didnt realise it was so hilly until the bike didnt quite make it up. I had to get off and walk (and push) up each big hill. Its ok Wayne waited at the top!!!!

The next drama was after visiting some lovely beaches the bike decided not to start. We had to call for reinforcements and we hated that bike so we took it back and exchanged
The famous fiveThe famous fiveThe famous five

Alex,us, Ped and Nad
it. We got a new, fast replacement but then it was too windy.

The next day was even worse because it was freezing and our ferry got cancelled so we had to wait around for 5 hours for the next one! 7pm and we were finally on our way to Santorini.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

The famous pelican incidentThe famous pelican incident
The famous pelican incident

Just after the bite!
SocratesSocrates
Socrates

The only thing I know is that i know nothing at all (Yes its up the right way)
Athena and AphroditeAthena and Aphrodite
Athena and Aphrodite

Drunk!Its our only excuse.
Paradise BeachParadise Beach
Paradise Beach

A bit cold for sunbaking but ok for cocktails
2 Euro Gyros2 Euro Gyros
2 Euro Gyros

We lived on these!


Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb