in Greece


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Mykonos
October 14th 2007
Published: October 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I am very sorry that I have not written in a very very long time! SO much has happened in the past three weeks, that we have not been able to slow down long enough to document the places that we have seen. I am currently in Mykonos island in the Greece. It is so so so nice! I love it and completely understand why the Greeks are so laid back in their life style! It is great. We are hanging out on the beaches during the day and taking in wonderful dinners at night. I am a huge fan of the Greek Salad! We have also met two awesome girls from Canada. They have been traveling with us since Tuesday.
Here is a quick recap of what we have done in Greece. We started out in Athens for a night (We went to the airport and picked up Corey's girlfriend) and the hotel that we stayed at was right below the Acropolis! Very cool! Tuesday we boarded a ferry for Santorini. Where we spent four nights. On Saturday we headed to Mykonos and will be here until Tuesday. Once done we will head back to Athens for a night and then hop over to Patra, Greece to take a ferry to Italy.
Santorini
A really great place to visit! When you see the pictures of the whitewashed houses with blue roofs this is Santorini. I really like this place a lot. The first night there we had a great dinner and went out and explored the very small town. The motel that we stayed at was Stelios that we read about in the Lonely planet book. IT was really one of the nicest cheapest places I have ever stayed at. (a perk about traveling in Greece during the low season) Since it was in the low season, there was not many people around which made it nice to hang out with the locals. Mike and I befriended several guys that own one of the bars and it was a blast to hang out with them. The stories that they told where hilarious! The next day we sunbathed on the beach and ate some more good food. The third day that we were in Santorini, Jason, one of out new friends took us to a secluded beach and we swam through a cave to see a very remote spot on the island. The swim was quite a riot because the water beats you up in the cave. I def. had a few flashbacks of scary movies entering the cave thinking that we were not going to be getting out. But it was okay! Once we swam back we all explored the rest of the island. We rented some 4 wheelers. (NO scooters because we did not have an international drivers license). It was really fun to zip around the island whenever you wanted! The last day in Santorini we went to the Red beach and sunbathed for a while. After this we headed to a lighthouse and then to the hotel for dinner. We tried to get to the best spot on the island for the sunset, but did not make it in time. Needless to say the sunset was gorgoeus where we saw it.
Saturday we boarded a fast ferry and jetted over to Mykonos. Once we got of the ferry we met a lady who took us to her hotel and now are here for a few days. This island is also very nice. We were able to rent mopeds, so I can actually say that I rode one in Greece. Mike is also experiencing his first time driving a ped, and it has been entertaining to watch him drive.

Here is a quick recap of the places that we hit before the islands, I will come back when I have more time and explain some of the places for you.

Moscow to kiev, kiev to Lviv, lviv to Kracow, Kracow to Bratislava, Bratislava to Vienna, Vienna to Munich (Oktoberfest), Munich to Zagreb Croatia, Zagreb to Split Croatia, Split to Ljubjana slovenia, Ljubjana to Vienna (We got our bags back), Vienna to Prague, Prague to Budapest via Slovakia, Budapest to Bucharest, Bustarest to Sophia, Sophia to Athens via Thessoliki. There were parts of this trip that we stayed a night or two, but for the most part especially from Prague we slept in night trains and toured during the day. One other note, while in Sophia we arrived to town the day that there was a very large tecno concert in town and on tv. All the Russian tecno we jammed out to on the trains going through Russia we actually got to hear for free LIVE! SO amazing! I loved it.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb