Here I Come MYKONOS!!!


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Mykonos
September 8th 2007
Published: September 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Windmills in MykonosWindmills in MykonosWindmills in Mykonos

A postcard shot of the old fashioned windmills found throughout the Greek Islands.
Ha, Mykonos... the Greek Island of parties, late nights, and... gays? Yes, full of gays and or couples, not many singles you'll find here, but still an awesome place to check out for a few nights. It was a bit pricy though except for the 2 euro Gyros which is a Greek pita wrap thingy full of tzatziki, chicken, fries and cabbage.

However, it did have a great night life, with bars and clubs open until 7am. Even at 3am grandparents and little children still run around through the streets and eat late dinners. The day time, intense heat, proabably why the locals sleep all day and do there chores at dark, similar to what I found in Egypt while I was there.

Our accomodation: a shit little cement block with 2 small cushions to sleep on, but for the price, we couldn´t complain. However, the beach surrounding us was very nice with good music and a finding like no other... Mythos... the greek beer that tastes soooo good... maybe not Guinness, but still amazing and much much cheaper $)
We partied here for a few nights; but due to the season ending, clubs were more or less quieter
Paradise Beach from AfarParadise Beach from AfarParadise Beach from Afar

This is Paradise Beach, just a 10 minute walk from our campsite and full of bars and everyone dancing on tables.
than during the summer months and so we decided to checkout some of the surrounding islands.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Steve! Over Here! No... Over Here!Steve! Over Here! No... Over Here!
Steve! Over Here! No... Over Here!

Our first attempt of many Panoramic shots to come using my new camera after I dropped and broke my last one in Aberdeen while blind drunk.
Mykonos WaterfrontMykonos Waterfront
Mykonos Waterfront

Spare no land, the sea splashes right up on to the houses.
Our Beach ResortOur Beach Resort
Our Beach Resort

An over looking shot of the beach at our campsite.
Paradise ClubParadise Club
Paradise Club

One of the bars along Paradise Beach.
Mykonos PortMykonos Port
Mykonos Port

A nice shot of the port in Mykonos.


Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0221s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb