Greece Continued


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Kos
August 23rd 2007
Published: August 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi Everyone,

First we are sorry about the lack of photos, but no decent connection available to upload.

We spent our last night in Athens in a roof top restuarant overlooking the Parthenon, which is lit up at nights, very atmospheric! Next day, 09/08/07 spent the morning packing before Vageli took us to Piraeus Harbour to catch our ferry the Anthea Marina. We had mananged to secure a cabin for the 10hr journey complete with bunk beds and a bathroom. The ferry was a ex channel crossing ferry and still had all the detailed maps of the UK and France up plus signs for duty free everywhere, very strange!

We got a good nights sleep and arrived at Leros at 5am and after a quick taxi ride arrived at our new home at pantelli a small fishing harbour. Leros was basically a week of enforced rest (its a hard life travelling) while the Greek holidays pass and travel becomes easier again. Leros is a very beautiful island and we did lots of walks, taking us to among other places the local commonwealth war cemetary in a little grove by the sea, a fitting resting place and well cared for by the locals. We also did lots of snorkelling around the base of the cliffs with much colourful sealife to observe.

Catriona, Claires sister and our nephews Sam and Ben managed to get a last minute holiday for a week in Kos, next island along, so on 16/08/07 we boarded the hydrofoil ferry from Leros to Kos. It was an uneventfull crossing followed by a major very sweaty treck to the local bus station to catch a bus to Kemari beach where we would be meeting Catriona.

We are now staying in a beach front apartment (includes kitchinette and big balcony with sea view) all for a mere 30 euros.

Catriona and the boys arrived on sunday, and we are all now spending our time snorkelling, swimming and having diving competitions (Sam won). Claire and Catriona are also showing their prowess at waterskiing.We will be moving on to the island of Symi on saturday when Catriona and the boys return home, so more on that later!

Regards to all

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0526s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb