Waiting for the Ferry


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Epirus » Igoumenitsa
June 21st 2008
Published: June 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Last night we watched the football. It was very exciting. We got a reasonable meal considering we were about the only tourists in town. Their high season is April, August and winter sports months.

We have arrived in Igoumenitsa after a largely uneventful ride. The first part was pretty, the completion of the trip on one of the most scenic roads I have ever come across. Then it got a bit more dull, then we picked up the motorway from Ioannina. It is partially built so every now and then it stops and becomes a very narrow winding mountain road. Trucks and buses are not allowed on the route due to the narrowness and steepness of the missing parts which was a blessing, the idiot overtaking from the other direction head on straight at me was not. I think it scared Hilary more than me, a bit of breaking and I had room but I was not impressed.

Some impressive wildlife. More eagles. A falcon who flew up right over us so I could see the patterns on the lower side of its wings. Storks nesting on telegraph poles.

We have some time to kill, the first ferry out to Ancona was full, so we are getting the 10pm one. The good thing is it gets into Ancona at lunchtime. Think I might do few miles in Italy, not many, have a lazy day and just go as far as Rimini.

We've kind of installed ourselves in a streetside cafe for the duration. We can see the bike from here (and so prevent anyone from stealing our dirty clothes etc) and Ashley took the opportunity to tighten a sensor that was loose although none of the special spanners was the right size to do the job. It is not the first time that sensor has come loose, It is no major deal but worth tightening and mentioning to Warrs when I get back. The sensor fits into the exhaust and is for the fuel injection so if loose will detect more and will impact engine performance. It seems to be a design fault given it is a new type of sensor for 2007 and later models only. Other than this issue the bike has been faultless, no other problems at all, and the best part of 2,000 miles covered.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0947s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb